[Yr11 Information Technology] More about McKinnon SC IT offerings

Diana HATCH hat at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 20 00:57:56 UTC 2019

We have had some enquiries as to the range of ICT we offer at McKinnon, so
here goes:

Next year we have offered
Units 3&4 Software Development
Units 3&4 Data Analytics
Units 1&2 Applied Computing
Year 10 Information Technology (Spreadsheets, Databases and Computer Issues)
Year 10 Information Systems (primarily Algorithms, Programming x 2
languages, Networks)
Year 9 Information Technology (Websites and Graphics Editing)
Year 9 Coding (Algorithms and two languages)
Year 9 Robotics (EV3 Lego Mindstorms)
Year 8 - nothing formal
Year 7 Information Technology (variety of software on student Chromebooks)

We also have a Coding Club and a Robotics Club.

We are a Google Apps school and students each have a Chromebook.

Diana

--
Ms Diana Hatch
Timetabler, and ICT Learning Area Manager