[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 2 Outcome 2

Paragreen, Chris J paragreen.chris.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jul 31 18:14:39 AEST 2015

Hi Kim,

Last year and this year I'm basing the SAC on the grok learning competition. So that means the SAC spans 5 weeks (which is what I've done in the past anyway.) Because they are expected to keep the journal of their learning, pretty much the entire Outcome is the SAC. (As opposed to the usual 3 weeks of learning then two weeks of SAC.)

This year I'm trialling Microsoft's OneNote Classroom Creator, so I'm expecting all documentation to be kept in OneNote. I think a Word document is sufficient as long as they keep a record of dates with their journal entries. I also make a point of scanning the dates in the journals after each session so students don't think they can get away with fabricating something right at the end.

I'm structuring my classes such that I'm teaching theory (naming conventions, flowcharts, testing techniques etc.) at the beginning of each session, and I expect that they include aspects of this in their journals (although not necessarily in every entry) as they go - and as the portfolio problems get more complex.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Chris Paragreen
Kew High School