[Yr11 Information Technology] Why girls are not fully participating in computing at school

Therese Keane tkeane at swin.edu.au
Mon Jul 20 10:16:21 AEST 2015

Digital Careers, supported by Intel, are conducting research into why girls are not fully participating in computing at school in order to explore those ideas and initiatives that could be supported in 2016.  We would like to hear ideas or initiatives  to address the challenge of female participation in computing in schools.

A website at http://jzagami.info/wordpress/research/girls-computing has been setup where you can review selected research that has already been done, check out the ideas being submitted by others, and submit your own new ideas or existing initiatives. We need  contributions by the 26th of July.

>From the ideas and initiatives submitted we will then select those to take to the next phase of the project, when we will form groups to discuss the idea in detail, and assisted by one of the research team, develop this idea into a solution or suggest improvements to existing initiatives.

When the solutions are ready, we will send them out to a wide range of organisations and companies for feedback on what they think of your solutions. >From this, we will select those to present to Digital Careers to possibly implement next year.

This is your chance to have an idea developed into a solution and put into practice, or develop further an existing initiative.

If you do have ideas or initiatives you know of, could you please record these on  http://jzagami.info/wordpress/research/girls-computing

Many thanks in anticipation
Therese

Dr Therese Keane
Senior Lecturer in Education
Faculty of Health, Arts and Design
Department of Education and Social Sciences
Building: 14W
Phone: (+613) 9214 8579

Twitter: #SwinEdTech

Swinburne University,
PO Box 218 Hawthorn,
Victoria 3122 Australia
CRICOS Provider 00111D

Therese's Profile<https://outlook.swin.edu.au/owa/redir.aspx?C=MdAL8wI86EmUJZiEO4ckVHUSYx8NDNIIzDFCfX232sHElWWQVg6I7Te3VLd6MqnoDcLyMufuVgE.&URL=http%3a%2f%2fwww.swinburne.edu.au%2fhealth-arts-design%2fstaff-profiles%2fview.php%3fwho%3dtkeane>