[Yr11 Information Technology] [Year 12 SofDev] Release of reaccredited study design

Mark mark at vceit.com
Mon Dec 22 14:44:27 EST 2014

Hi George.

The new 2016 study design was released months ago as a consultation draft,
and then (as I'm sure Paula would hasten to add) much local and
international consultation with all sorts of stake-holders took place and
the draft was refined and published recently.

In brief, "Computing" and "Informatics" are not temporary. They come into
effect On 1 January 2016.

I'm not sure which philosophical imperative drove the removal of
"information technology" from the study's name, but it seems to be a result
of reinterpretation or broadening of the nature of the course content.

Regards
Mark

On 22 December 2014 at 10:51, Ciotti, George W <
ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

>  Related to Computational thinking…?  Sorry, I must have missed the
> discussion on this. I'm just looking for some clarification on the term
> that embodies the year 11 IT course for 2016 and how it was arrived at or
> whether it is a temporary label etc.
>
>  Cheers
>
>  George
>
>   UHS Website Manager
> IT/Arts/Design/Tech Domain
> University High School
> 77 Story St
> Parkville 3052
> *mobile: 0412 934 782*
> phone: 9347 2022
>

>   From: George Ciotti <ciotti.george.w at edumail.vic.gov.au>
> Date: Sun, 14 Dec 2014 11:27:32 +0000
> yr11it at edulists.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [Yr11 Information Technology] [Year 12 SofDev] Release of
> reaccredited study design
>
>   Computing?
>
>  May I ask what the background thinking was…
>
>  Thanks in advance
>
>  George
>
>   UHS Website Manager
> IT/Arts/Design/Tech Domain
> University High School
> 77 Story St
> Parkville 3052
> *mobile: 0412 934 782*
> phone: 9347 2022
>

>   From: Mark <mark at vceit.com>
> Date: Thu, 11 Dec 2014 15:08:54 +1100
> sofdev at edulists.com.au>, Year 11 Information Technology Teachers' Mailing
> List <yr11it at edulists.com.au>
> Subject: Re: [Yr11 Information Technology] [Year 12 SofDev] Release of
> reaccredited study design
>
>  Thanks, Paula. I love the smell of a fresh study design.
>
>  - It's good to see that "ease of use" has been removed from "efficiency"
> criteria in the glossary . That irked me for 5 years.
> - Also pleasing to see that the ambiguity of the use of "accessibility" in
> the consultation draft has been resolved.
> - Interesting see a new law added to the glossary's law list - 'Privacy
> and data protection act 2014'.
> - It's good to see the PSM accept Agile.
> - Not so pleasing to see that Evaluation Criteria are still included under
> the Design stage rather than Analysis. Grrr.
> - Many refreshing and clarifying amendments to expression and punctuation.
>
>  Thank you!
>
>  Regards
> Mark
>

> On 11 December 2014 at 13:43, Christophersen, Paula P <
> christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:
>
>>  Dear colleagues
>>
>>  The reaccredited study design (VCE Computing), to be introduced in *2016,
>> * is now available on the  VCAA website at:
>>
>>  http://www.vcaa.vic.edu.au/Documents/vce/computing/ComputingSD-2016.pdf
>>
>>  Until 31 December 2015, you can only access this study design via the
>> Information Technology study page - from 1 January 2016 the study will
>> appear under 'Computing'.
>>
>>  Regards
>> Paula
>>

>  --

> [...]

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

*The only way to tell if the light in the fridge goes off when the door
closes is to put Schrödinger's cat in there.*