[Yr11 Information Technology] Racial discrimination in my exam (??)

Mark KELLY kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Sun Jul 1 16:18:28 EST 2012

Hi Greg. I'm not concerned so much as amused. But when robots start telling
us what is appropriate and what is not, I start to worry.

(Like the good people of Scunthorpe who have been filtered out of
existence...)

On 29 June 2012 21:18, Greyruin <greyruin at gdurkin.com> wrote:

>  It is very likely that the "offensive" content was this line in Q6:
>
> "To be eligible to enter ‘The Aussie Adult Club’ a person has to be 21 or
> older, and be Australian. "
>
> The rationale, "Racism", just comes from the heading on the filter list.
> The filter may contain anything. The word "Adult", in conjunction with
> certain other words such as "Entertainment", "Film", "Literature" and,
> possibly "Club" could trigger a filtration rule.  I wouldn't be too
> concerned about it - it's just a poorly designed robot, isn't it.
>
> It will be interesting to see if this post gets bounced.
>
> Regards,
> Greg Durkin

McKinnon Secondary College
kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au << use this, not Edumail please!
VCE IT Lecture Notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Edulist

--
An E-flat, a C, and a G go into a bar. The bartender says, "I'm sorry, but
I can't serve minors."