[Yr11 Information Technology] Swinburne Faculty of ICT - Year 9, 10 and 11 Higher Achievers Day

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed May 26 16:10:06 EST 2010

Swinburne's Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies
(ICT)aims to enrich students’ knowledge and understanding of ICT
courses and careers. Like in previous years, we are organising the
Higher Achievers Day for Year 9,10 or 11 students with an interest in
ICT.

This interactive program provides students in Years 9, 10 and 11 the
opportunity to participate in a series of practical and engaging
workshops designed to enhance their interest and understanding of core
ICT study areas. This program showcases new technologies and how they
relate to future study choices. Teachers are invited to nominate Year 9,
10 or 11 high-achieving ICT students to attend the day. Sessions
include:
Games Programming
Viruses and Network Security
Web 2.0
Careers in ICT
Information Systems

The program will conclude with a 3-D AstroTour in Swinburne’s virtual
reality theatre.