[Yr11 Information Technology] Swinburne Faculty of ICT - Extra Software Development Day 5 August

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed May 26 11:57:58 EST 2010

With our VCE Software Development Days filling up quickly, we have added
an extra date to make sure you and your students won't miss out.

The extra date we have added is 5 August and we also have spaces
available on 8 June and 20 July.

This hands-on workshop for VCE Software Development students is based
on the subject’s curriculum. Students will be guided through a range of
activities including a computer game-based problem where they will use
NS diagrams and Pseudocode to create, test and implement an algorithm.
Students will also be shown examples of networking hardware and will
learn about the different types of security threats and how they affect
systems.
Topics include:
Algorithms and Programming
Networking
Security

Students will also find out about the different career pathways and
employment opportunities in the ICT industry throughout the course of
the day, with a focus on the software development industry.

Time: 9.30am - 3.00pm
Location: Swinburne's Hawthorn Campus
Cost: No charge, lunch provided
To register, please visit our website (
http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/register/index.php )
or contact me directly by email bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au or phone 9214
8768.
We look forward to seeing you at Swinburne!

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 0823
m: 0416 931 105

www.swinburne.edu.au/ict

Attend our upcoming Secondary School events:

IT Applications Day (
http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#ita ) - 15 and 29
July
Software Development Day (