[Yr11 Information Technology] How the internet works

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed May 19 21:34:23 EST 2010

  Are you curious how biomedical search engines should work (my first degree
was in Biochemistry), perhaps you would like to brush up on the Internet
actually works (my first modem was 300 baud back in the 1980's) Come along
to the next LUV meeting on Tuesday 1 Jun 2010 for a free lecture that kicks
off from 7 pm. It would be a great background for VCE IT teachers so sharpen
your pencils and bring your questions.

For more details and an RSVP just go to http://luv.asn.au/2010/06/01

Where? The Buzzard Lecture Theatre. Evan Burge Building, Trinity College,
Melbourne University Main Campus, Parkville. http://luv.asn.au/meetings/map

   - Sarvnaz Karimi - Find it all: how biomedical search engines should
   work!
   - Julien Goodwin - How the internet works

It starts right after International No Tobacco Day and at the close of the
United Nations Week of Solidarity with the Peoples of Non-Self-Governing
Territories .. not sure about the connection but come along anyway as this
is a cool bunch :-)

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au