[Yr11 Information Technology] Swinburne Faculty of ICT - VCE Software Development Day - 25 May 2010

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Mon May 17 11:42:33 EST 2010

IT Teachers,

Swinburne's Faculty of ICT is organising the first VCE Software
Development day on 25 May 2010. There are still places available and
would like to invite you and your students to register to attend the
day.

This hands-on workshop for VCE Software Development students is based
on the subject’s curriculum. Students will be guided through a range of
activities including a computer game-based problem where they will use
NS diagrams and Pseudocode to create, test and implement an algorithm.
Students will also be shown examples of networking hardware and will
learn about the different types of security threats and how they affect
systems.

Topics include:
Algorithms and Programming
Networking
Security

Students will also find out about the different career pathways and
employment opportunities in the ICT industry throughout the course of
the day, with a focus on the software development industry.

The program will be held at the Hawthorn Campus and is free of charge.

VCE Software Development day will start at 9.30am and finish at 3.00pm
and lunch will be provided.

Although we welcome careers teachers and subject teachers to attend,
please feel free to pass this information on to your students, as they
are welcome to register individually.

To register or for more information, please contact me directly on 9214
8768 or email bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au

Thank you, we look forward to seeing you on-campus.

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 0823
m: 0416 931 105

www.swinburne.edu.au/ict

Does mid year sound better than next year?

When it comes to starting your studies, do you really want to wait til
next year?

Applications for Swinburne’s mid-year intake are now open.

Visit www.swinburne.edu.au/midyear or call 1300 275 794