[Yr11 Information Technology] Swinburne Faculty of ICT - Secondary School Curriculum Enrichment Programs

Bianca van Meeuwen BVANMEEUWEN at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Wed May 12 09:50:35 EST 2010

Swinburne's Faculty of Information and Communication Technologies are organising on and off campus Enrichment Programs again and it is going to be another exciting year full of activities for your students. The programs are specifically designed to enrich students' knowledge of the curriculum.

The faculty has developed programs focusing on IT Applications ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#ita ), Software Development ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#sd ), Physics ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#physics ), Business Management ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#business ), High Achievers ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#achievers ), Astro Tours ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#astro ) and Exam Preparation Sessions ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/swinburne/#exam ). The on-campus programs will be running in Terms 2 and 3 and are delivered at Swinburne's Hawthorn campus.

If you prefer we can come to your local school ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/visit/ ) to deliver presentations about ICT courses and careers or interactive workshops from a range of topics such as Hacking, Cracking and Viruses, Web 2.0 or IT in Organisations. All programs are free of charge.

The ICT Faculty have also developed a range of online resources ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/schools/online/ ) to support you and your students with easy to access information. We will also be working with schools and teachers to identify the most-needed areas of professional development and we welcome your suggestions.

For more information about our programs, please visit www.swin.edu.au/ict/schools or download the brochure ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/ict/assets/docs/schools/secondary-school.pdf ).

If you have any questions or specific requests, please do not hesitate to contact me directly on 9214 8768 or by email bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au.

Another key date to remember is Swinburne's Open Day ( http://www.swinburne.edu.au/openday/ ), which will be held on Sunday 15 August 2010.

We look forward to seeing you this year at Swinburne or your local school!

Regards,

Bianca van Meeuwen
ICT Outreach Officer
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218 John Street
Hawthorn 3122

bvanmeeuwen at swin.edu.au
p: 9214 8768
f: 9819 0823
m: 0416 931 105

www.swinburne.edu.au/ict

The Good Universities Guide has ranked Swinburne the best in Melbourne for teaching quality four years in a row.

Source: Good Universities Guide 2007, 2008, 2009, 2010