[Yr11 Information Technology] Swingame Update

Robert Mercer rmercer at groupwise.swin.edu.au
Thu Mar 20 13:53:41 EST 2008

Dear all,

Regarding some recent inquiries about student eligibility for this competition, please see the below information.

*Who can enter - update*
Students in year 10 can enter so long as they are undertaking at least one Year 11 or 12 subject. Students not in Year 11 or 12 can also enter the competition but are not eligible for the prize money.  Their work will be assessed and certificates of excellence be awarded.
See details here:
http://www.swingame.com/wiki/index.php?title=Swingame_08_Game_Design_Competition

*New Tutorial Update*
A new VB.NET  introductory tutorial has been added to the site. This takes student from "Hello World" to the creation of their first game in Swingame. Further tutorial developments will be available soon. See details here:
http://www.swingame.com/wiki/index.php?title=First_Step.

To everyone else I encourage you and your students to check out Swingame. I think it is a great way to raise the profile of ICT in schools so we would love to see more people involved. If you have any ideas for improvement I would love to hear them too.

www.swingame.com

Cheers,

Rob Mercer
ICT Outreach - Project Officer
Faculty of Information & Communication Technologies
Swinburne University of Technology
PO Box 218
Hawthorn VIC 3122 Australia

PH:  +61 3 9214 8768
FAX :+61 3 9214 5320
rmercer at swin.edu.au

-----
Swinburne University of Technology
CRICOS Provider Code: 00111D

NOTICE
This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and intended only for the use of the addressee. They may contain information that is privileged or protected by copyright. If you are not the intended recipient, any dissemination, distribution, printing, copying or use is strictly prohibited. The University does not warrant that this e-mail and any attachments are secure and there is also a risk that it may be corrupted in transmission. It is your responsibility to check any attachments for viruses or defects before opening them. If you have received this transmission in error, please contact us on +61 3 9214 8000 and delete it immediately from your system. We do not accept liability in connection with computer virus, data corruption, delay, interruption, unauthorised access or unauthorised amendment.