[Yr11 Information Technology] VITTA Conference - Call for Papers

Adrian Janson janson.adrian.a at edumail.vic.gov.au
Tue Jun 17 19:49:15 EST 2008

Hi everyone (and apologies for the cross posts),

Even though I am still on LSL (and just returned from sunny Spain - although
I won't say much about this as I am likely to get flamed but all of you
working harder than ever at this time of year!)..  I wanted to give a plug
for the VITTA conference and the call for papers which I think has gone out
over the lists.

For the first time, the VITTA conference will take place at Rydges on Bell
(in Preston) and we are really excited about this venue.  Flemington has
been a great venue for us over the last several years, and we are hoping
that this move will be seen as a great improvement.  We won't quite have the
grandstand views, but with the great facilities, full wireless access,
underground car-parking for all attendees, accommodation options and
improved catering - we hope that this conference will be bigger and better!

The call for papers is now open!  Here is the link to the relevant page on
the new VITTA web site:

http://www.vitta.org.au/teachers/list/asset_id/17/cid/6/parent/0/t/teachers/
title/Call%20for%20Papers%202008

Presenting is a great way to network with your colleagues - and remember,
that presenters get a free day registration for presenting!  If you haven't
presented before, perhaps this is the year to share some of the great work
or ideas that you have been using throughout the year.  You may wish to
present a practical workshop - we will have many of these slots available in
blocks of 2 hours each.  Also, based on the feedback that we have received -
we will be included a series of presentations this year on core topics
within the VCE studies such as networking, algorithms, databases,
spreadsheets, project management, etc.  If you would be interested in
presenting one of these - please let us know!

Hope you have all had a good term - check out the new VITTA web site and
have a think about presenting a session this year.

Cheers and all the best,

Adrian Janson

VITTA President

Director of ICT, Melbourne High School