[Yr11 Information Technology] Unit 2 Outcome 1: Programming

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Tue Jun 12 14:50:26 EST 2007

I see nothing in the study design to suggest a single assessable task
like a SAC is required.  I read it as "a series of exercises/tasks of
increasing skill".

I plan to make/find/steal some VB exercises that take them from knowing
nothing through the basic skills required - a bit like Greg Bowden's
Excel / Access / Filemaker guided activities.  They have teaching,
exercises where kids are held by the hand, and finishing each chapter
with a semi-challenging activity to test their understanding.

Hopefully they'll get to being able to create a simple application that
uses text boxes, maybe listboxes, some arithmetic, buttons, checkboxes.
  Would be good if they get to using FOR..NEXT and true arrays.  We'll
see how we go.

Would be good a warm up for kids progressing to SD in '08.

asiara at melbpc.org.au wrote:
> Hi All,
> I am currently trying to organise this outcome for my Year 11 class. I
> have plenty of exercises for students to complete in VB6. My question is:
> Are students expected to complete a SAC in a given time frame where they
> are given a problem statement etc and create a solution?? OR Are the
> folios/exercises enough for this outcome???
> If others could share how they are tackling this outcome I would be great
> grateful!!
> Thank you
> Antoinette
> :-)
>
> Message sent using MelbPC WebMail Server

Manager - Information Systems
McKinnon Secondary College
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

There are 10 kinds of people in the world: those who understand binary
and those who don't.