[vet-it] Cert III in IT

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Tue Dec 2 22:13:41 EST 2008

Hi Dan,
A couple of snippets of useful info for ya...
1.  Allan Barnes has a workbook available for the Cert II / III in I.T. available  and a teacher CD is also available. No doubt others are out there too, I just arent aware of them...
2.  Online is a variety of useful stuff...checkout the www.australia.gov.au <http://mail.stbc.vic.edu.au/exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.australia.gov.au>   site and click on the education and training link to see a host of information rich sites!

I too am running the Cert II/III course here next year...its not the course itself that's the problem, its the setup paperwork BEFORE the course starts that is the pain! We are using Allan's workbooks here for the courses, plus other materials I have sourced from online sites.

Suggest you go to the www.NTIS.gov.au site, download the ICA05 package and go from there. It contains all you need for your course. The ref in point 2 above is worth adding to your favorites list.

In answer to your comment about delivery time..., yes, the Cert III can be done in 2 years, but it is a full on course!

hope this helps your planning and keep in touch if you wish to swap ideas...I'm always open to that..
KB.

Kent Beveridge,
I.T. co-ordinator
St. Brigids Catholic Sec. College
 http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/ <http://www.stbc.vic.edu.au/>
Horsham Ph (03) 5382 3545
email.. kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Hear about the bloke who struggled and fell?  At least he gave it a go!!
"This email and any attachments may be confidential.  You must not disclose or use the information in this email if you are not the intended recipient.  If you have received this email in error, please notify us immediately and delete the email and all copies.  The School does not guarantee that this email is virus or error free.  The attached files are provided and my only be used on the basis that the user assumes all responsibility for any loss, damage or consequence resulting directly or indirectly from the use of the attached files, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not.  The content and opinions in this email are not necessarily those of the School."