[Technical] Advice Request - Workstation Purchase

Grant Frazer gfrazer at fintona.vic.edu.au
Wed Jul 25 16:05:25 EST 2007

Hi Keith,

We have been happily using Hewlett Packard desktops for 3.5 years now.
We are currently on our second refresh of units and all have been
running wonderfully!  One thing I can say about HP is that their onsite
technicians have been great when it came to the occasional issue we have
had with the hardware.  When our oldest lot were about to run of
warranty they even left a set of CPU support brackets, cpu heat compound
and alchol swabs for us to replace any that may get broken when we did
our own internal repairs.  The technicians have always been punctual and
they were not phased at looking at extra machines when they were onsite
even though we had not logged them in but we suspected a fault may be
present.  Sales has also been good and if we had any questions about the
purchasing and implementation process they were also prompt at
responding to our requests.   During the sales process HP had also
entertained my questions for nearly three hours at their demo centre in
Melbourne as I worked on our preffered desktop solution. On another side
of HP, they also helped us with our fundraising efforts to provde
technical resources to Danila Dilba a not for profit Aboriginal medical
centre in the Northen Territory.

Overall with HP I cannot say anything negative as it has been an as
promised experience.  Please feel free to contact me if you have any
further questions about our HP experience or if your interested in
contacting HP we have been dealing with Richard Booth who is one of
their senior managers and he can be contacted on 0421 054 901

Best Regards,

Grant Frazer
Information and Communication Technologies Manager
Fintona Girls School
79 Balwyn Rd,
Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Ph +61 3 98301388
Fax. +61 3 98885682
<http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au>

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any
attachments.