[Technical] Linux at a Sydney school

Clark, Ian C clark.ian.c at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Mar 23 12:13:30 EST 2006

But the overwhelming majority of Independent schools have chosen and
implemented Micro$oft, Novell or Apple technologies, Con, just like
their State counterparts.

And the last Department deployment to all State schools was a Linux
RADIUS server, (which I was happily involved in its testing and
support).

> Yes, no doubt, Microsoft has most of you by the short and twirlies ;-)

I just love this idea that you know better than the IT departments in
companies and other organizations, Con, and better than the home user.
Every purchase they make is a decision that suits their individual
circumstances, not necessarily your ideology.

Telstra or the bloke next door might choose to use products other than
the ones your company (Cybersource) sells, supports and evangelises, but
that's life!  ;-)

Cheers,
Clarky

Important -