[Technical] Broadband access suggestions

Grant Frazer gfrazer at fintona.vic.edu.au
Tue Aug 8 16:05:25 EST 2006

Hi Lorraine,

There are a few options for you but your provider may not be able to
provide all of them for you.  We have just come off a similar connection
with another provider and have upgraded to a 2Mb/2Mb X.163 (E1,
Transmission or MegaLink depends on what the reseller calls it) link
which has contention ration of 1:1.  We also had the option of using
Microwave, Fibre, aggregated ISDN lines and aerial laser link.  Most of
these technologies are available to inner Melbourne schools.  The only
limiting area for our new connection was either physical (microwave,
aerial laser link) or financial (Fibre install costs).

As we have just gone through this process I am happy to talk to you
further about it with you.

Best Regards,

Grant Frazer
Information and Communication Technologies Manager
Fintona Girls School
79 Balwyn Rd,
Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Ph +61 3 98301388
Fax. +61 3 98885682
<http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au>

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any
attachments.