[Technical] File List rather than icon displaywhenbrowsingdirectories

Stephen Digby DEET digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Jul 29 12:23:16 EST 2005

I used to have a navigation guide to the intranet that loaded in a browser on staff login and directed them to the most commonly
used destinations on the intranet.
It used to display folders in icon view initially but allowed them to switch to list view when they had "arrived".
They could then navigate as they wished with windows explorer.
Now they only get the icon view (where they can't read most of the file names, and can't change the view as internet explorer
doesn't have this option.

CMS can't help me UNLESS I import the whole 100Gb of files and then prevent teachers "pasting" data and force them to "upload" it
through the CMS ("moodle" interface).
Addition downside of having all data (rather than specific current course data) in the CMS is that it is then only accessible
through the CMS and not able to be easily browsed and searched through the file system.

Stephen Digby, Learning Technology Manager
digby.stephen.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Cheltenham Secondary College
www.cheltsec.vic.edu.au
Ph: 613 955 55 955  Fx: 9555 8617

When the solution is simple, God is answering. - Albert Einstein