[Technical] Backup Assist

Grant Frazer gfrazer at fintona.vic.edu.au
Fri Jul 29 10:28:42 EST 2005

Hi All,

I am reviewing cheaper alternatives to Computer Associates ARCserve for
our Exchange server backups.  I have come across a program called
"Backup Assist" which supports most tape media including Iomega REV
drives and its price is about 1/10th of what Computer Associates would
charge for education.  I was wondering if anyone has had any experience
with this program and could possibly provide feedback as to whether it
is suitable product for what we are attempting to do.

For those interested here is the link to their website.
http://www.backupassist.com

Many Thanks,

Grant Frazer
Information and Communication Technologies Manager
Fintona Girls School
79 Balwyn Rd,
Balwyn, VIC, 3103
Ph +61 3 98301388
Fax. +61 3 98885682
<http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au <http://www.fintona.vic.edu.au/> >

The information contained in this e-mail message and any attached files
may be confidential information. If you are not the intended recipient
any
use, disclosure or copying of this e-mail is unauthorized. If you have
received this e-mail in error, please notify the sender immediately by
reply e-mail and delete all copies of this transmission together with
any
attachments.