[Systems and Technology] Melbourne Conversations - free seminar

Tran, Lorraine I tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au
Thu Aug 24 16:33:08 EST 2006

The following seminar may be of interest to those in the Melbourne metro
area:

Peak oil, permaculture and sustainability

Future options for local communities.

Join our distinguished speakers and panel for perspectives on threats
from the depletion of conventional oil supplies, resource wars,
terrorism and economic and social collapse. Hear ideas on a framework
for re-designing the way we think and act to resolve the energy crises.

Details:

When: 6.00pm to 7.45pm, Wednesday 6th September 2006 - entry from 5.30pm

Where: Federation Square, BMW Edge, Corner Flinders and Swanston
Streets, Melbourne

Speakers

*	Richard Heinberg - Journalist, author and peak oil educator
*	David Holmgren - Author and co-orginator of Permaculture
*	MC - Peter Mares - Journalist and Broadcaster, ABC Radio
National
	Discussion Panel includes:
*	Ken Davidson - Age Columnist
*	Dr Elizabeth Heij - Facilitator of "CSIRO Sustainability
Network"
*	Philip Sutton founder and Director - Strategy for Green
Innovations

Regards,

Lorraine Tran

Curriculum Manager, P - 10 Design and Technology Education

VCAA

Telephone: (03)9651 4407

Fax:           (03) 9651 4324

Mobile:      041 933 1630

Email: tran.lorraine.i at edumail.vic.gov.au

The VCAA provides curriculum and assessment for prep to Year 12. The
VCAA is a statutory body directly responsible to the Minister for
Education and Training and serves government and non-government schools.

Important -=0A=
This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received in error, pl=
ease contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using attachments c=
heck them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, damage or consequ=
ence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not, resulting direc=
tly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our liability is limite=
d to resupplying any affected attachments. Any representations or opinions e=
xpressed are those of the individual sender, and not necessarily those of th=
e Department of Education & Training..