[Year 12 SofDev] Xampp and its various add-on modules for teaching

Kevork Krozian kkrozian at rt.vic.edu.au
Fri May 22 03:33:45 UTC 2020

Hi Folks

     I am hoping you are all doing well ahead of our staggered return to regular classes next week.
I have been using XAMPP for some time and have been impressed with the increased versatility of its new add on modules.
For the uninitiated xampp can run on Windows/Linux/Mac.
[cid:c30315ae-9398-45a9-9c5b-f0a9b73f9f35]

It has several services such as http, https, MySQL, PHPMyAdmin etc.

[cid:f98e8cc6-74af-452d-910d-65f2c02ec0e0]

It also allows for the installation and configuration of over a dozen add-on packages ( Not for Mac it seems ).
So  you want to teach Web programming, Networking, WordPress, Drupal, Joomla, Moodle, OpenCart for online shopping etc etc . Easy .
[cid:5e4e5954-fa48-42a0-a659-73e181a2fe24]

The beauty is any of these features can be installed in several minutes on  a student device and you are ready to go.
It can be used from Yr 7 to Yr 12 and focus on the teaching of impressive technologies.

Speak soon

Kevork Krozian

IT Pathways Manager

Ringwood Training

RTO 22475

Tel 0419 356 034

[cid:image004.jpg at 01D62F7D.BE919E00]

RT has returned onsite with COVID-19 guidelines in place.

Please email enquiries to admin at rt.vic.edu.au<mailto:admin at rt.vic.edu.au>

For all RT COVID-19 updates visit

             https://ringwood.training/covid-19/