[Year 12 SofDev] Happy 70th birthday CSIRAC - Australia's first computer/ 4th in the world

Therese Keane tkeane at swin.edu.au
Fri Nov 1 00:58:38 UTC 2019

Hello!

I thought I would circulate this if you would like to join in the celebrations for CSIRAC’s 70th birthday?

Please see the invite below:
On behalf of the Pearcey Foundation, we are delighted to invite you to join past, present and future leaders from academia and industry in celebrating the70th Anniversary of CSIRAC<http://pearceycentenary.org.au/#celebration>: Australia's first computer and the world's fourth!

When: Thursday 14th November 2019; 1pm - 5.30pm
Where: Kathleen Fitzgerald Theatre at the University of Melbourne
Cost: FREE to attend - please RSVP at pearceycentenary.org.au/#celebration<http://pearceycentenary.org.au/#celebration>

The brilliant lineup of speakers who will explore the impact of computation in Australia, with a lens on the future, include:

  *   Dr Gilbert Brunet, Bureau of Meteorology on Toward Seamless Weather and Climate Earth-system Prediction
  *   Dr Paul Doornbusch, Australian College of the Arts on The Algorithmic Composer
  *   Professor Katrina Falkner, University of Adelaide on The Future of Computer Education
  *   Grant Petty, Blackmagic Design on Nurturing Creative Magic
  *   Professor Liz Sonenberg, The University of Melbourne on Computing the Unexpected
More information on the program, speakers and topics can be found here:www.pearceycentenary.org.au<http://www.pearceycentenary.org.au>

We encourage you to spread the word; the more the merrier! A flyer to share with your network can be found here:www.pearceycentenary.org.au/pdf/2019/pearcey-2019-csirac-70th-flyer.pdf<http://www.pearceycentenary.org.au/pdf/2019/pearcey-2019-csirac-70th-flyer.pdf>

Sponsors include CSIRO, TechnologyOne The University of Melbourne, Monash University and RMIT.

We do hope that we will have the pleasure of your company at this wonderful celebration, book-ending what has been a magnificent milestone year for the Pearcey Foundation!

Associate Professor Therese Keane
Deputy Chair – Strategic Initiatives & Partnerships, Department of Education
Faculty of Health, Arts and Design
Building: AS, Office: 330
Phone: (+613) 9214 8579

Twitter: #SwinEdTech
LinkedIn: linkedin.com/in/therese-keane-melbourne<https://www.linkedin.com/in/therese-keane-melbourne>

Swinburne University,
PO Box 218 Hawthorn,
Victoria 3122 Australia
CRICOS Provider 00111D

Therese's Profile<http://www.swinburne.edu.au/health-arts-design/staff-profiles/view.php?who=tkeane>

Recent Papers
Keane, T., & Keane, W. F. (2019). A vision of the digital future - government funding as a catalyst for 1 to 1 computing in schools<https://rdcu.be/bPp8t>. Education and Information Technologies. doi: 10.1007/s10639-019-09988-y

Keane, T., & Keane, W. F. (2018). Parents’ expectations, perceptions and concerns when schools implement a 1:1 program<https://rdcu.be/z5L3>. Education and Information Technologies, 23(4), 1447 1464.

Keane, T., & Keane, W. F. (2017). Achievements and challenges: Implementing a 1: 1 program in a secondary school<https://rdcu.be/5xZC>. Education and Information Technologies, 22(3), 1025-1041.