[Year 12 SofDev] Networking

Croke, Daryl D croke.daryl.d at edumail.vic.gov.au
Fri Mar 8 00:26:30 UTC 2019

Hi

I've been doing the following with my Year 10's last couple of years.

After giving students background in Topology, protocols, hardware etc

I tell students computer tech is coming in and get them to submit questions.

Tech comes into class and answers question, students take notes, I make sure I ask questions about transmission media, and where routers and switches are.

Students then create a network map of a section of the school using their knowledge and info from school computer tech. They also answer key questions about hardware, security and standards.

This also works for Year 11. Unit 1 and 2.

Cheers

Daryl Croke | Computer Teacher
Mount Ridley P-12 College

2-30 Hampton St, Craigieburn, VIC 3064