[Year 12 SofDev] Python SAT need or opportunities

Tony Crewe TonyCrewe at caulfieldgs.vic.edu.au
Wed Aug 1 19:55:02 EDT 2018

Hi All,

Not teaching SD in 2018, but am using python (and intro to tkinter) in Unit 1/2 this year.

Previously I have used Visual Basic with Visual Studio.

I would love to hear what students are doing with Python, it may help guide how and what I cover leading up to SAT in 2019.

Are student utlising tkinter for GUI?

What about use of importing data from text and excel files?

Are people using Plotly for charting?

Anything else?

Good luck to those students currently implementating their designs at the moment.

Tony Crewe

Caulfield Grammar School (Caulfield Campus)