[Year 12 SofDev] Running Unit 1 & 2 Computing and Software Development Concurrently

Claudia Graham claudia.graham at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Fri Aug 12 19:55:11 AEST 2016

I think this can be done, but would advise swapping unit 1 and 2.

Here are some quick thoughts off the top of my head on a Friday night, so like Mark said check facts (Ie Study design) before taking what I say on board!

I would do Unit 2 in Semester 1 - VCAA has no rules about the which semester Unit 1/2 are completed in
Also no need to do Outcomes in order.
Unit 2 has the programming intro - so that can be done with both groups (with a little differentiation)
While Unit 3 working on SAT do databases from Unit 2

Unit 1 Outcome 2/3 has the legal, cloud content, networking etc - can be done along side Unit 4 SD Outcome with networking, security and legal issues

That would be my initial thoughts.. probably easier to do this rather than Computing and Informatics..but then I haven't taught Informatics or Unit 1/2

Regards
Claudia
Claudia Graham
VCE Coordinator