[Year 12 SofDev] A research question...

Kent Beveridge kbeveridge at stbc.vic.edu.au
Thu May 28 08:33:47 AEST 2015

My thoughts are simple, with the rise and rise of the iPad and similar technologies, the perceived 'need' for mainstream IT subjects has been undermined and watered down to non importance. Many staff, new young graduates included, give my observations that they feel they 'know it all' and hence don't see the importance of a standalone subject.
Attitudes like this have even turned off a recent former student who had aspirations of IT teaching to now not wanting to go there...
Makes me wonder.

Kent Beveridge
Teacher