[Year 12 SofDev] Arrays with mixed data types

Mark mark at vceit.com
Fri Jun 12 13:27:54 AEST 2015

Hi, codemakers.

Most languages require all elements of an array to have a single data type,
but I have a nagging suspicion that there is an exception or two.

e.g. Apparently PHP allows mixed data types in its 'arrays' but I believe
PHP 'arrays' are actually more like the lists found in Perl or Python and
so are not classical arrays.

Is there a language that allows true arrays with mixed data types?

Cheers
Mark

--

Before Facebook, how many people would take a picture of their dinner on a
disposable camera, get the photos developed, then go round to your friends'

http://vceit.com