[Year 12 SofDev] January date... real life Curriculum sharing

Lisa Kerekes Lisa.Kerekes at donvale.vic.edu.au
Mon Dec 28 23:50:42 AEDT 2015

Hi all,
I hope you’ve had a lovely Christmastime with family and friends!

This is a quick email to invite you to a curric planning session… at the recent DLTV Curric day, a couple of teachers mentioned they’d appreciate a real-life sit-down to discuss and share ideas about curriculum as they write it for the new study design. Thought this was a great idea, so I’m planning to host a casual session at my school (see email footer) on:
               Tuesday 19th January 10:30am – 12 midday

The focus will be on Soft Dev planning, however if you’re also teaching Units 1-2 Computing, we can chat about that too at the end. Bring your rough ideas or fully developed curriculum, or SAC scenarios + a sharing spirit. Light snacks, tea/coffee provided – so please email me back if you’re planning to attend so I can provide enough chips and dips ;)
Anyone is welcome, new or senior teachers. If you’re interested in meeting up, but the date/time doesn’t suit, let me know that too.

Now, if you’ve read this email before the new year, you should probably take a healthy break from schoolwork for a while - the research says so!
http://www.theguardian.com/teacher-network/2015/dec/17/teachers-relax-christmas-avoid-burnout

Enjoy your holidays.

Lisa Kerekes
Secondary Teacher