[Year 12 SofDev] Review of VCE IT - your thoughts

Mark mark at vceit.com
Thu Sep 12 12:12:20 EST 2013

It would be interesting to hear the corresponding ITA enrolment stats. Are
ITA enrolments dropping over the same period?

I would suspect that the rise in SD could be partly because students are
unimpressed with ITA's deadly dull content, and are voting with their feet.

On 12 September 2013 08:45, Christophersen, Paula P <
christophersen.paula.p at edumail.vic.gov.au> wrote:

> There is some good news regarding enrolments: there has been a 28%
> increase in enrolments in Software Development from 2012 to 2013. While it
> is impossible to directly confirm a cause-and-effect relationship, I am
> suggesting that maybe the mandating of programming in Unit 2, coupled with
> data visualisation, has inspired some students to further their interest in
> this area through studying Software Development. I would be particularly
> interested in hearing from any Software Development teachers who have had
> increased enrolments in 2013 – do you know why?****
>

> **

mark AT vceit DOT com
http://vceit.com

Day 19, I have successfully conditioned my master to smile and write in his
book every time I drool.- Pavlov's Dog