[Year 12 SofDev] Another brick in the software wall

Robert Hind robert at yinnar.com
Wed Oct 23 15:00:08 EST 2013

Great to hear you youngsters arguing about being dinosaurs :-)

The first computer I used, in about 1971, was a Fairchild Nova. Cost about $40,000 and came with 2k of, ferrite core, RAM, teletype terminal, paper tape reader and magnetic tape storage.

First computer  I used in teaching was a TRS-80, in 1978. My own first computer was a Dick Smith System-80 which I was able to upgrade to 48k RAM.

So I definitely claim membership of the dinosaur club

Robert Hind
Retired
Ex Traralgon and Ashwood