[Year 12 SofDev] Pseudocode tweak - VITTA 2012 SD Exam #1, Question C8b

David Mitchell DMitchell at ecmelb.catholic.edu.au
Thu Aug 16 15:49:34 EST 2012

Hi all

My interpretation would be that an END IF must be used in pseudocode when there is more than one instruction after the condition, as you have to be able to identify the conclusion of the control structure. Even though the actual term END IF is not seen in PHP / Java you must close it off with a }.

As an algorithm tool, we must be able to explicitly state this to the programmers, otherwise there would be room for ambiguity.

Kind regards,

Dave