[Year 12 SofDev] U3O2 practice task

Claudia Graham claudia.graham at overnewton.vic.edu.au
Wed Apr 27 21:22:24 EST 2011

Hi Mark,

One of the things I've noticed in this outcome that's different from past study designs is students must create a solution to an SRS presented to them, i.e. the analysis is provided.

See study design page 42  - Students develop solutions in response to given software requirements specifications and do not have to undertake the analysis stage.
Even though this is written in the Area of Study intro I believe that it is as directional as the actual outcome statement.

So in fact you don't really need a case study but should have something written in the form of - scope, functional, non-functional requirements and constraints. Now of course for a 'small information problem' that may appear a lot of work, but I suppose it models good SRS practice for students.

Regards
Claudia

Claudia Graham
VCE Coordinator