[Year 12 SofDev] Sample Exam Questions

Mike Brookes mikebr at tpg.com.au
Thu Apr 21 14:45:31 EST 2011

Hi Mark et Al

For the question to make sense one has to make the assumption that the
stack positions start at the bottom with position zero and go up to
position 4 which is the top of the stack. At the start the bottom two
(in bold on the PDF) are valid, hence the top of stack pointer showing 1.

Below is the completed table and the stack at the start and after each step:

	Stack at start and after each step
Step 	Function 	Top 	Output

	Start 	Step 1 	Step 2 	Step 3 	Step 4 	Step 5 	Step 6
1 	Push (23) 	2 	Item added (23)
	Stack position 	4 	92 	92 	92 	92 	92 	92 	92
2 	Push (18) 		Item added (18)
	3 	75 	75 	18 	18 	75 	75 	75
3 	Pop 	2 	Item removed (18)
	2 	23 	23 	23 	23 	23 	23 	23
4 	Push (75) 		Item added (75)
	1 	83 	83 	83 	83 	83 	83 	83
5 	Push (92) 	4 	Item added (92)
	0 	52 	52 	52 	52 	52 	52 	52
6 	Push (47) 		Stack full

	Top 	1 	2 	3 	2 	3 	4 	4

Mike Brookes
Semi retired gentleman from Copperfield College