[Year 12 SofDev] Data dictionary - data formats

Mike Brookes mikebr at tpg.com.au
Wed Apr 6 22:37:15 EST 2011

Hi Andrew,
Yes if the merge field is given a custom format of 0000.
Attachment contains a spreadsheet with some postcodes in col 1.
the col2 duplicates col 1 and adds a custom format of 0000.
The word doc is a label mailmerge to explore how M$ transfers numbers
between apps - it seems that it doesn't transfer formats so that the
mailmerge field must be formatted with 0000 to give the leading zero

Storing postcode as text might be easier but its still not as efficient.

Memory etc might be cheaper now but the first computer I built (EA's
Miniscamp) had 128 bytes of memory. This does not necessarily mean that
I'm fanatical about efficiency :-)

Mike