[Year 12 SofDev] Terabyte thumb drive, anyone?

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Oct 29 08:35:43 EST 2007

Researchers have developed a low-cost, low-power computer memory that
could put terabyte-sized thumb drives in consumers' pockets within a few
years.

Thanks to a new technique for manipulating charged copper particles at
the molecular scale, researchers at Arizona State University say their
memory is, bit-for-bit, one-tenth the cost of -- and 1,000 times as
energy-efficient as -- flash memory, the predominant memory technology
in iPhones and other mobile devices.

http://www.wired.com/gadgets/miscellaneous/news/2007/10/ion_memory

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000
School Fax +613 95789253
kel AT mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IT Applications Mailing List

You'll know when we are officially a civilised race: our schools have
all the money they need and the Air Force has to run a chook raffle to
buy a new bomber.