[Year 12 SofDev] My U3O1 SACs and assessment guide - UPDATE!

Mark Kelly kel at mckinnonsc.vic.edu.au
Mon Mar 19 13:08:29 EST 2007

O..k... tweaked version NOW attached!  D'oh.

Mark Kelly wrote:
> Lovely task, Adrian.
>
> Being an inveterate fiddler, I tweaked it a little to add a specific
> security risk (AJ's competitive brother), and a little more detail to
> the network diagram.  Tweaked version attached. Hope you don't mind.
>
> A few houskeeping queries...
>
> - How long would you give kids for this?  It looks like a 90 minute
> double-period job to me.
>  - Are you mandating that software be used to produce the network diagram?
> - For that matter, will you have computers turned on at all?
> - Would you be letting kids refer to notes?
>

> Cheers and thanks again
>
> Mark
>
> Adrian Janson wrote:
>> Hi everyone,
>>

>> I have updated my files that I previously posted on the VITTA web
>> site… here are the links:
>>

>> http://www.vitta.org.au/resources/detail.php?doc_id=3160
>>
>> http://www.vitta.org.au/resources/detail.php?doc_id=3161
>>

>> Please download the files from the VITTA web site and disregard the
>> ones I previously posted.
>>

>> As has been correctly pointed out to me, U3O1 needs to be styled as a
>> report – not as a set of tasks or questions.  Although this was always
>> my understanding - I do ask my students to deliver a report (and not
>> just answers to questions), the wording in my U3O1 document could have
>> been interpreted as being a set a questions rather than a report.  One
>> of the reasons I break up the report in this way is so that I can ask
>> students to address particular things during particular classes.  I
>> need to clarify this with you, so that you all know what is expected
>> in this outcome.
>>

>> The second thing that I have changed is in relation to the weighting
>> of the tasks.  The VASS system will ask you to enter a mark out of 40
>> (for the report) + a mark out of 10 (for the network diagram).  If you
>> have a different weighting in the criteria sheet (as I did – opps!),
>> things will become a little confusing when it comes time to enter your
>> marks into the VASS system.
>>

>> Hope this clarifies things!
>>

>> So to ensure that I haven’t let you all astray, please delete the
>> files that I posted previously and access the new ones via the links
>> above!
>>

>> Cheers,
>>
>> Adrian
>>

>> Adrian Janson
>>
>> VITTA President
>>
>> Director of ICT, Melbourne High School
>>
>> T: +61 3 9495 6836
>>
>> F: +61 3 9495 6834
>>
>> E: jansona at mhs.vic.edu.au
>>
>> M: +61(0)407 818 037
>>
>> W: www.vitta.org.au
>>
>> Suite 202, 134-136 Cambridge St,
>>
>> Collingwood, VIC, 3066, Australia

>> Curriculum and Assessment Authority and
>> http://www.vitta.org.au <http://www.vitta.org.au> - VITTA Victorian
>> Information Technology Teachers Association Inc

Manager - Information Systems
Direct line / Voicemail: 8520 9085
School Phone +613 8520 9000 << new number!
School Fax   +613 9578 9253

IT Lecture notes: http://vceit.com
Moderator: IPM Mailing List

Doctor - We must all face reality sooner or later.
Dowd   - I wrestled with reality for 35 years, doctor, and I'm happy to
say I won out over it.  ('Harvey', 1950)