[Reporting] Personal learning Goals

Andrew Sartori sartori.andrew.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
Wed Mar 14 14:12:33 EST 2007

I'm glad to hear this is causing headaches in more schools than ours. :)

We agonised over finding an efficient and effective way of doing this, and
eventually created a tick sheet for each year level which had a selection of
about a dozen general schooling goals. Each student picks 2 of those general
goals and then writes a third goal which can be subject specific.

One of our Sso staff has turned those general goals into a comment database
and distributed it to all staff. We just click on the relevant goals and
then type in the written goal.

Staff also have a comments box on their markbook files to add their comment
later

The rest of the PLG stuff will need to be hand written by students (Which
may well need to be typed in manually) and parents later.

+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_
From
     Andrew Sartori
     VCE Manager
     Swan Hill College
+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_+_

I would be interested in hearing how you are handling personal learning
goals especially with Markbook. At Casterton we have given the student
12 areas to work on (they are to select 3 areas) and each area they are to
select up to three tasks to work on. These are entered into a spreadsheet
and the students respond to them at the end of the semester by ticking one
of four option on how well they went. We want to move it to a database. We
went this way to structure the student's options and eliminate spelling and
grammar mistakes.

How is everybody else doing it??

Ian Clare

Information Technology Teacher

Casterton Secondary College

Ph   03 5581 1588 Fax 03 5581 1518

clare.ian.j at edumail.vic.gov.au
<BLOCKED::mailto:clare.ian.j at edumail.vic.gov.au>

Important - This email and any attachments may be confidential. If received=
in error, please contact us and delete all copies. Before opening or using=
attachments check them for viruses and defects. Regardless of any loss, dam=
age or consequence, whether caused by the negligence of the sender or not,
r= esulting directly or indirectly from the use of any attached files our
liabi= lity is limited to resupplying any affected attachments. Any
representations=  or opinions expressed are those of the individual sender,
and not necessari= ly those of the Department of Education.