[Philosophy] FW: Philosophy Class - from Jeff

Richard O'Donovan rodonovan at fhs.vic.edu.au
Fri Mar 25 10:20:03 EST 2005

________________________________

Sent: Sun 8/02/2004 8:38 PM
To: Richard O'Donovan
Subject: Philosophy Class - from Jeff

Hi Richard,
Could you send around the following message?
Regards,
Jeff

Hello fellow philosophy teachers,
I am thrilled to read of the many wonderful launches that are taking place in year 11 philosophy classrooms around the state. Here's a modest contribution (attached) I designed, to be used as an exercise BEFORE students tackle the chapter on Common Errors in Reasoning which is towards the end of The Philosophy Gym textbook. I bought a class set of this text from Readings, in hardback, on special at $14.95. They might have some left if you are quick. Get the students to go through the cases on the sheet. They are to decide which of the arguments uses bad reasoning. (Of course, they all do!) Then read the chapter in Philosophy Gym and identify the type of bad reasoning in each case.
Cheers,
Jeff Kinsman, Uni High.