[Opensource] Cloud computing

Oliver Murray omurray at gegs.wa.edu.au
Wed Mar 2 15:51:22 EST 2011

Hi
I recently researched Cloud Computing using feedback from a number of mailing lists.

My searching led me to http://www.gopc.net/

In my opinion this seems to be the perfect solution for education. From almost any device any student or staff member can access their data and full suite of applications (all open source)... as long as an internet connection is available it allows any time anywhere learning.
The long term cost savings in licensing, hardware upgrade and support staff should considerably outweigh the subscription costs.

Unfortunately I am unable to generate the momentum and garner the support to take my school in this direction but feel this solution is ideal for education and hope that members of this list may find it useful

Regards,

Oliver Murray
Head of ICT
Geraldton Grammar School
134 George Road
Postal:PO Box 76
Geraldton WA 6531
Phone (08) 9965 7800 Fax (08) 9964 5598
www.geraldtongrammarschool.com.au</exchweb/bin/redir.asp?URL=http://www.geraldtongrammarschool.com.au/>
ABN: 2741 7866 116
[http://geraldtongrammarschool.com.au/Assets/Images/school_arch.jpg]
DISCLAIMER - This email is intended for the named recipient only. The information it contains may be confidential or commercially sensitive. If you are not the intended recipient you must not reproduce or distribute any part of this email, disclose its contents to any other party, or take any action in reliance on it. If you have received this email in error, please contact the sender immediately and delete the message from your computer.