[Offtopic] Electronic Student Diaries

Andrew Shortell shortell at get2me.net
Tue Jun 7 14:10:11 EST 2011

No no the mass emails use the bcc field. That way no-ones email address is
sent to anyone.
This is in the style manual (policy document).

You will have noticed that emails from people who use BCC fields usually
show up as recipient withheld or some such

I will send you an email off list and put your name in the bcc field so you
can see it

Andrew

On 7/06/11 1:52 PM, "Matthew Williams" <Matthew.Williams at knox.vic.edu.au>
wrote:

> Sending mass emails with every kid's/parent's email is unprofessional.
>
> You're asking for trouble ­ cyber bullying comes to mind.  Or does your school
> have this in the policy document pertaining to mass emails so you mitigate any
> possible lawsuits.
>
> I understand how time saving this must be but I would be extremely careful
> especially with all these no win no fee lawyers these days.
>
> Just my two bobs worth.

Andrew Shortell

mailto:shortell at get2me.net
Heidelberg Teaching Unit