[Offtopic] mobile roaming and travel sims

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sat Jan 22 20:50:12 EST 2011

Thanks heaps Jim, and others that contacted me off list. Now that makes
sense. If a hotel has free wireless then of course it would be a cheap way
to use it to make calls. I forgot that I did this using my laptop in the USA
the ACCE2008 study tour, never thought that I could of course also do it on
a smart phone.

Somebody also mentioned that I can buy a pre-paid SIM so I could use a smart
phone overseas for data only access (buying a second, thow-away cheap phone
for emergency use) .. and somebody mentioned using a toe-nail clipper to
convert a SIM into a micro-SIM.

The mind boggles.