[Offtopic] [OT] Online Paperless PD Application Software

Dr Paul Chandler paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Thu Aug 12 17:01:30 EST 2010

> When I challenged, wrestled, distilled and distilled and trimmed down to
> what was really wanted, they really wanted to keep the paper system (yes,
> but it works) and a single report back to staff what PD they had all done
> (ie a flat file database managed by the PD coordinator) .. easy peasy.

So what we learn from that is that schools are different !   Mine wanted
to be able to track docs from one "authoriser" to the next.  Yes, it makes
it more complex, but if your administration is very pernickety, there is a
way forward.

Now, if only dropbox implemented some kind of workflow.  That's be REALLY
handy.

--
Dr Paul Chandler
Research Fellow

located at Australian Children's Television Foundation
145 Smith Street, Fitzroy, Melbourne, 3065
e-mail: paul.chandler at une.edu.au
Ph: 0400 198 187
Fax: (03) 9419 0660
Skype: paul.d.chandler