[Offtopic] one sock to find them

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Sun Oct 12 20:58:48 EST 2008

I had to laugh. It seems as if the Metadata was not stripped out of the
supporting images and video in this news report. I teach my students about
the power of meta-data although it can make some colleauges eyes roll when I
get visably passionate about issues surrounding geo-tagging and geo-privacy
when pouring out milk near the fridge at morning tea.

http://www.theage.com.au/news/technology/biztech/im-a-pc-made-on-a-mac/2008/09/24/1222217300738.html
"Microsoft's "I'm a PC" advertising campaign was created on a Mac and the
celebrity spruikers brought in by the software giant are all professed Apple
fans, it has been revealed."

Clincher is the note admitting that "As is common in almost all campaign
workflow, agencies and production houses use a wide variety of software and
hardware to create, edit and distribute content, including both Macs and
PCs."

Most of us have already figured this out. The real world of engaging and
innovative enviroments often use a range of different strategies and tools
to solve problems.

It is not just one footy sock fits all, but we work best if we can wear our
own team socks (or if I can be permitted to knit my own).

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au