[Offtopic] Superstruct

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Fri Oct 10 16:41:33 EST 2008

This is fascinating .. I am watching the opening video on YouTube now.
Forget about using it at school. Filters and assorted hurdles will very
probably have blocked many of the web2.0 tools that you will need to join
in. Perhaps after evaluating, you can share it with students to enjoy and
try out at home. Nice idea that could be adapted to create a similar
activity for school.

Regards Roland

---------- Forwarded message from Tony Bowes on GAMESINLEARNING QLD list
----------

A new game has been released that encourages players to participate in a
world 10 years in the future and to tackle social and ethical problems that
are about to end humanity as we know it. The game relies on the players
themselves to write the story and engage people who think along the same
lines as what the future might be. It's like a wiki, with delicious and Digg
functionality, held together with blogs of current disasters In the future
world.

Basically it's a massively multiplayer WebQuest.

http://www.superstructgame.org/

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au