[offtopic] Using School Supplied laptops at home

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Wed May 28 08:49:25 EST 2008

Hi Roslyn -

(see, top posting!)
And how can I attack you when I agree? I was only one of the
victims\\\\\\\ end users.

Occasionally we (the IT facilitators) get asked what control (or duty
of care) does the school have over what our kiddies do with their
lappies outside school, and how do we insulate them from the real
world\\\\\\\\\\\\ net nasties - and this was just a trial to see how
it worked. We have stopped using it - test is over. It tied things
down pretty tight.

rgds
Jim

At 04:44 PM 27/05/2008, you wrote:
>Hi Jim, this software from http://www.lightspeedsystems.com/ ("Total
>Traffic Control 7") should really be called "Total People Control 7"
>because in reality that is what it is.
>
>Now you can attack me!!!! I don't mind at all!!
>
>Cheers
>Ros
>

>Roslyn Meadows
>Head of ICT Implementation
>Head of Assessment and Reporting
>Bentleigh Secondary College
>| 9579 1044 | 0412 614 062 |

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Laptop and PC Support Technician
Ruyton Girls School