[Offtopic] Solar Powered Backback

Roland Gesthuizen rgesthuizen at gmail.com
Wed Aug 20 00:21:47 EST 2008

Now here is an interesting backpack accessory bag for me to pop my new
MacBook into, certainly beats the huge one that the department gave me
instead of the slick green message bags that have been handed out in the
past. I wonder how far this backpack would go with charging devices from
indoor lighting? .. I am curious if the new standard to permit device
charging via USB ports will be taken up with this technology? If we could
perhaps tap into the rocking motion, mechanical energy of my year 10 lads
who happily swing about the chairs then we would be onto something. :-)

http://www.radtech.us/Products/Voltaic.aspx

Regards Roland

(originally from a post on the eChalk list)

http://www.westallsc.vic.edu.au