[Offtopic] GIMP

Jim Maunder techo at ruyton.vic.edu.au
Thu Mar 8 10:32:36 EST 2007

At 10:12 AM 8/03/2007, you wrote:
>... And as for SMARTboards; what a waste of time. Just another way of
>teachers teaching and ignoring student learning.
>
>...and whiteboard markers.  Just a clever way of forcing change on
>schools and forcing them to spend money.
>
>Bring back good old chalk I say.

Here I am ignoring my command to get back to work ...

It might be just me, but I found (and still find) that the best way
for me to learn something is to write it down with biro and paper, so
copying stuff off the board worked for me. Later at Tech if we were
given Fordiographed handouts, I learned more by copying down the
examples and working them out myself, rather than just reading them.

rgds
Jim (who suspects Mark has his tongue partly cheekside)

We have to use this Disclaimer

Views, opinions, etc. expressed reflect those of the author and not
Ruyton Girls' School

Jim Maunder
Ruyton Girls School
Melbourne, Australia