[Offtopic] galloping glaciers

Cameron Bell bell.cameron.p at edumail.vic.gov.au
Sun Feb 25 17:31:50 EST 2007

I ride the bike to work. Out of a staff of 100, 2 of us do on a regular
basis. Only 2% of staff ride bikes!
My "work" car took 12 months to clock up 10,000km and is currently
serviced once a year.
One way to get schools thinking how much work needs to be done for
sustainability would be to:
1) 2/3rd the number of carparks available each year.
2) Insist teachers not travel between campuses on a regular basis.
3) Insist Principals teleconference instead of using salary sacrificed
cars to travel to meetings.
4)  Insist that hire buses be "green" (and have seatbelts)
5) Re-build bike sheds

How popular would that be?  As bout as popular and achievable as
<insert humorous simile>

Cheers
Cameron