[Offtopic] Scratch

Stephen Loosley stephen at melbpc.org.au
Fri Dec 21 22:24:56 EST 2007

Hi all,

Another example of MIT world excellence ... Scratch ...
http://scratch.mit.edu/
--

'Scratch is a new programming language that makes it easy to create your own
interactive stories, animations, games, music, and art -- and share your

Scratch is designed to help young people (ages 8 and up) develop 21st
century learning skills.

As they create Scratch projects, young people learn important mathematical
and computational ideas, while also gaining a deeper understanding of the
process of design.

Scratch is free to download. (Win and Mac, 30Mb)

To find more about the ideas underlying Scratch, visit our page for
Educators.  http://scratch.mit.edu/pages/educators

(Scratch first became available in July 2007) "There are now 56,755 projects
with a total of 1,014,615 scripts and 352,843 sprites created by 11,507
contributors of our 57,045 registered members." Dec 2007.