[Offtopic] Blogging Guidelines for Staff/Students

victor rajewski askvictor at gmail.com
Mon Aug 27 11:00:36 EST 2007

On 8/27/07, Therese Keane <Therese.Keane at genazzano.vic.edu.au> wrote:

>  Given that we are moving towards blogging in schools,  I am wondering
> whether anyone has created guidelines for blogging? Any suggestions -even
> useful comments would be much appreciated - so that I can compile such a
> list...

A really good strategy is to develop these together with the students. It's
a bit of a chicken-and-egg thing, but this discussion is great to have on a
blog, but can cause problems if there are no guidelines to start with :) A
normal discussion works well too though.

In the end it ends up being somewhere between your standard network AUP and
your standard school behaviour policy (use of language, bullying, naughty
pictures etc), but the students are more likely to respect it if they've had
a say in it (often the consequences they come up with are harsher than what
I would have suggested).

vik